Cohelping is a non-profit help matching app launched in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as a digital mobilization. Our aim with the app is to create a community of volunteers around the world with the hope to help people, families and businesses who have been affected by COVID-19, and beyond. We use “Cohelping” here to refer to the Cohelping websites and our iOS and Android apps (also referred to as our “Services”).
These Terms will govern the relationship between us regarding your use of the mobile application Cohelping (the “App” and any services we provide in connection therewith. We who operate the App are Symposium Stockholm AB (“Cohelping”, “we”, “us” or “ours”) a company incorporated under the laws of Sweden with reg. no. 559009-2341.The words “you,” “your,” “user,”, “users,” “customer,” “customers,” and “yours” refer to you customer and/or the user of our Services.
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Through the App, we provide Cohelping – a help matching app that aims to create a community of volunteers to help those close by in need. We use our App to provide a space for the creation of groups, chatting and facilitating clear lines of communication to improve safety and wellness in all aspects of life. When creating an account, signing up to use, or by using, the App you confirm to have read, understood and to be bound by these Terms (hence the importance of reading them first).
- When you download the App, you will, free of charge, receive a right to use the App in accordance with these Terms. The right of use is non-exclusive, which means that the right to use the App will also be provided to other users than yourself (otherwise you would be rather lonely in our community). The right of use is also non-transferable (including no right to sub-licensing), which means that you may not, without our permission, transfer your right of use to another person or entity. The right of use is lastly revocable, which means that we at any time and for any reason may revoke your right to use the App (however we hope that this will not be the case). No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the rights expressly granted to you herein.
- We reserve ourselves the right to, at any time, update, change, modify or withdraw the App and/or the Services in part or in whole, without any liability whatsoever.
2. USE OF THE APP
- If you download and install the Cohelping app, we give you a limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use it only to access and use Cohelping on your own behalf through your iOS or Android product; additional terms may apply from the site you download it from (Apple App Store or Google Play store) or the manufacturers of your device or software.
- To be able to use the Service, you must create a user account. You undertake to state correct and complete information when registering the user.
- It is essential for us that the App is used for lawful and appropriate purposes only. With appropriate purposes, we mean that you must use the App only as a means of lawful communication. To put it bluntly: any other use is strictly forbidden and will lead to suspension.
- Therefore, when signing up to use the App, you guarantee that you will not use the App for any illegal or inappropriate purposes. This includes, for example, transmitting any illegal or inappropriate material or using the App in a way that could cause us or any other user of the App harm, constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any laws or these Terms.
- We cannot, and do not, assume any responsibility for users posting or transmitting such material or in any other way using the App in an illegal, unlawful or inappropriate manner. We reserve ourselves the discretionary right to limit or suspend your use of the App at any time if we assume that your use of the App is not in accordance with these Terms or if your use of the App risk causing us or any other user harm.
- You are responsible for any unauthorized use of the App under your user account. It is therefore vital that you protect any password and other login information with utmost care and make sure that such information is not shared with third parties.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate a user account at our sole discretion. A user may cancel his/her user account at any time, without prior notice.
- Each person is limited to one account, and you may not share your account password with anyone else (even a family member sharing your home) or allow someone else to use your personal account.
- When you register for Cohelping you must use your real name, not a pseudonym, except in circumstances that, in Cohelpings sole judgment, warrant an exception. Submitting inaccurate registration information, registering if you know you don’t meet our eligibility requirements, or otherwise providing false registration information is a violation of these Terms and could constitute a crime, and the account will be determined.
- You represent and warrant that the information you provide to us upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. We reserve the right to reject any username or to terminate your username or prevent use of a username in our sole discretion, and without any liability to you.
- The Cohelping App is not available to persons under the age of 13. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 (or between 13 and the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction of residence), you may only use Cohelping’s Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms.
- You may also not use our Services if: (1) you are a registered sex offender or share a household with one; (2) we previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies; or (3) you are prohibited from receiving our Services or platform under applicable law.
- We need your help to enforce these eligibility requirements. If you believe that a user does not meet these eligibility requirements, you may report your concerns to us via our Customer Support firstname.lastname@example.org. Cohelping reserves the right to refuse registration to any person or household and to suspend, delete or deactivate your account or limit your privileges at any time, without liability to you.
- Any data, text, graphics, photographs and their selection and arrangement, and any other materials uploaded to the Service by you is “Your Content.” You represent and warrant that Your Content is original to you and that you exclusively own the rights to such content, including the right to grant all of the rights and licenses in these Terms without the Company incurring any third party obligations or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses. All of Your Content is your sole responsibility and the Company is not responsible for any material that you upload, post, or otherwise make available. By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service. The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, quality, or integrity of any user content posted. By using the Service, you acknowledge and accept that you may be exposed to material you find offensive or objectionable. You agree that the Company will not under any circumstances be liable for any user content, including, but not limited to, errors in any user content, or any loss or damage incurred by use of user content. The Company reserves the right to remove and permanently delete Your Content from the Service with or without notice for any reason or no reason. You may notify the Company of any user content that you believe violates these Terms, or other inappropriate user behavior, by emailing email@example.com.
4. INTEGRATION WITH OTHER USERS
- Be a good user. At Cohelping, we believe that humanitarian action is the foundation of functional communities.
- We have a zero tolerance against bullying or harassing another user. This kind of behaviour or similar is strictly prohibited and goes against or Terms. Cohelping reserves the right to immediately suspend, delete or deactivate your account or limit your privileges at any time, without liability to you if you are reported for bullying or harassing or similar behaviour.
- If you are being bullied or harassed by another user, please report it immediately to our Customer Support firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you report the problem, you may want to consider blocking the person.Together we can make Cohelping a safer place and a stronger community.
- Solve disputes amicably. When interacting with other users you are responsible for your own decisions and actions. If you and another user decide to help each other, the two of you, and not Cohelping, are responsible for complying with any laws that might apply to dispute. Cohelping is not a party to transactions or disputes between users. All applicable laws; federal, state and regulations, and agree to comply with any applicable local laws.
- For fraud by somebody you met in person contact your local police department. Cohelpings is not responsible for the actions and we are not able to investigate interactions that have occurred outside of our platform.
- Be fair in your review. Any recommendation or other comment about a transaction between users must be truthful, fair and kind. It is against these Terms to post any other users personal information (e.g., address, mobile number, or photos) without their permission.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Firstly - although we do our best to provide you with an error free and well-functioning App, the App is, to the extent that is allowed under law, provided “as is” and “as available”. We do not make any representations or warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. We specifically do not warrant that the App will (i) meet your requirements or expectations; (ii) be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis; or (iii) minimize the violence and unrest in our society or your neighbourhood (although that is what we hope).
- Secondly – although we at all times do our best to supply you with up to date and correct information we do not warrant the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, truthfulness, or completeness of any information obtained through the App.
- Thirdly – you are under no obligation to use the App. Your use of the App is therefore solely at your own risk and account. By using the App, to the extent allowed under law, you waive all rights to claim damages as result of your use of the App or any failure by us to provide the App in a satisfying manner.
- Lastly – The foregoing exclusions and disclaimers are an essential part of these Terms and formed a basis enabling the Company to offer the Service, the App and the Website to you. The laws of certain jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitation of certain warranties and/or damages. If those laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers may not apply to you in full and you may have additional rights.
- You may upload, post and distribute content through the Service. You will at all times remain responsible for content that is uploaded, posted or distributed under your user account.
- By uploading content to the Service, you warrant that you are entitled to upload and distribute the content and that your uploading/distributing does not violate applicable law or any third party rights.
- If you distribute content which we, in our sole discretion find indecent, abusive or offensive, we may delete such content and terminate your account without further notice.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We own the App. Hence, any information, software, data or other materials developed or provided by us or our licensors used by us to provide the App to you, including all intellectual property rights such as, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks or trade names therein shall remain the sole and exclusive property of us or our licensors.
- Unless we have given our prior explicit consent thereto, you agree to not to sell, license, rent, sublicense, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display or perform, publish, adapt, edit, disassemble, decompile or create derivative works of the App. To put it in other words, just make sure you use the App in the way it is supposed to be used and in that way only.
- The App has features for uploading personal content. We claim no ownership or copyright of the content you provide in the App. You are solely responsible for the personal content you upload or otherwise provide in the App, which include the responsibility to ensure that such personal content neither violates any laws or infringes on any third party rights, nor is otherwise unlawful or inappropriate.
- The Service, the App and the Website may contain content provided by a third party. Such content may be protected by copyright, trademark or another right covered by law. You agree to abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any such content you access.
8. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- You understand and acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider (“Mobile Provider”) will continue to apply when using the Service or the downloaded App or when accessing the Website on your mobile device. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the mobile application and you accept responsibility for any such charges.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You agree that we and our affiliates, to the maximum extent permitted by law, will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages resulting from (i) the use or inability to use the App; (ii) any hacking, tampering or unauthorized access or use of the App; (iii) statements or conduct of anyone in connection with the use of the App (such as unlawful or inappropriate behavior by another user); or (iv) any other matter relating to the App.
10. CHANGES AND TERMINATION
- The Company may, from time to time, update (including modifications and/or additions) these Terms. Unless otherwise required by law, we will give you 30 days’ notice of amendments and/or additions to the Terms. Changes shall become effective upon the earlier of (i) your acceptance of the updated Terms or (ii) 30 days after we have provided notice of the planned changes in which case your continued use of the App following the notice period is considered an acceptance of the changed Terms. Please note that we may not be able to give you notice in accordance with the foregoing in case of changes to the Terms that are required by law or technical reasons, in which case the changes shall become effective immediately.
- These Terms apply until terminated. You may at any time terminate these Terms by deleting your user account.
- The Company reserves the right to, without prior notice and with immediate effect, at any time and without any reason, modify, limit, suspend or terminate your use of the Service, the App and/or the Website.
- Notwithstanding anything in the above Sections 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10 of these Terms will survive termination.
- We are free to assign and transfer any and all of our rights and obligations under the Terms to any of our affiliates or in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise, and we may transfer your information to any of our affiliates, successor entities or new owner. These Terms shall continue to apply to your use of the App and your relationship with such third party.
- As you agree to only use the App for lawful and appropriate purposes and in accordance with these Terms, you also agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, assignees, officers, employees and agents harmless from all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, that are caused or can be related to your (i) use or misuse of the App, (ii) violation of these Terms and/or applicable laws (iii) any misrepresentation made by you or (iv) your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES AND INDEMNITY
- These Terms and your use of the App shall be governed by the laws of Sweden. Although unlikely, if we for any reason find ourselves to be in disputes with each other, any such dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or your use of the App shall be settled by the public courts of Sweden, with Stockholm District Court as first instance.
- If someone brings a claim against Cohelping (whether against the company or any of its employees, directors, or officers) based on a harm you caused, you agree to reimburse us for any costs we incur in defending against that claim, including reasonable attorneys’ fees as well as damages.